Where to Eat in Washington, D.C.
I've lived in the DC area for the past 8 years. (OMG I feel old!) Below I have organized some of my favorite restaurants according to food category. There are so many wonderful restaurants in DC and I wish I could list all of my favs, but there are so many! If you are going to be in the area and have a question about a restaurant, feel free to contact me! If I haven’t been there, chances are I know someone who has and we can give you an honest review.
Last Updated Sunday, February 25, 2018
Restaurant Recommendations, Washington, DC:
- Red Hen: This restaurant is located in the historic Bloomingdale neighborhood of DC. Plan ahead if you want to make a reservation here. They book up very far in advance!
- The freshly made pasta at Osteria Morini is to die for. My fav is the “Cappelletti.” This restaurant is located on the waterfront in the “Navy Yard” neighborhood of DC, near the National’s Stadium.
- Filomena in Georgetown is where you go when you want the “over the top” Italian experience with great food. I love going there around holidays (Christmas and Halloween) where they go all out with their décor!
- Tico on 14th street has a great happy hour and they have awesome margaritas and tacos (and super friendly bar tenders!) I love to come here and sit at the bar with friends.
- The best BBQ in the DC area is a restaurant called Texas Jacks located just outside DC in Arlington. EVERTHING on this menu is delicious. I’m not even a huge fan of BBQ but I go here regularly because it’s just that good.
- I would be remiss if I didn’t give Hill Country a shout out. They have super yummy BBQ and also, the even bigger draw—live Karaoke with an actual band! So fun!
- If you like Indian food, don’t miss Rasika (they have two locations!) It’s pretty fancy and a bit on the pricier side, but WORTH. IT.
- SEI: Love the vibe here. It’s also a great place for business lunches.
- The Hamilton: They have an extensive sushi menu and it’s all delicious.
- Sushi Rock: This restaurant is located just across the river in Arlington. They have super creative sushi creations with a Rock n’ Roll, trendy vibe.
- I’m not a big steak person, but I do enjoy going Bourbon Steak which is located in the Four Seasons in Georgetown. They have a great wine selection and everything is delicious.
More Restaurant Recommendations:
- Soho DC: Delicious southern food in the Adams Morgan neighborhood.
- Doi Moi: Asian food located on the trendy 14th street.
- Founding Farmers: They have several locations including one in downtown DC.
- China Chilcano: Good for someone with a more adventurous palette, this place is a more recent addition to the restaurant scene by Jose Andres. Delicious food. I work nearby so I also enjoy coming here for happy hour. They have yummy cocktail concoctions.
- Convivial: Food with a French twist, located in the Shaw neighborhood.
- Oyamel: Great margaritas and Mexican fare.
- Duke’s Grocery: Located in the Dupont Neighborhood. Their menu changes all the time based on whatever fresh ingredients are in season.